Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Boys will be boys

If you want to be entertained, just spend some time with third graders. You will be.

I may have a future nurse in my class. The class was cleaning up and getting ready for lunch, when I looked over and saw a boy pretending his lead pencil was a syringe. He had the lead sticking up, and he was flicking it and everything. I couldn't even be serious when I told him to put it away. It was too cute.

The best entertainment times are definitely at lunch. (When they probably have no idea I'm listening.)

Yesterday I was quite entertained listening to a bunch of 8-year-old boys talk about slow dancing! You can imagine, I'm sure.
"Did you have to hold her hands?" 
Nods head.
"You DID??? Ewww!" 
My favorite part of that conversation was when the boy finished by saying, "I'm just glad I wasn't the groom!"

You know boys - they pretend to be all rough and tough even if they don't feel it. So they were talking about not feeling anything when they got hurt. One got hit in the eye today at recess with a soccer ball, and I overheard him say, "I can't believe I didn't even feel anything when the ball hit me right in the eye and I fell down!" But one of the girls piped up in a no-nonsense way, "Then why were you crying?"

Let me know if you want to have lunch with us someday. :)

2 comments: