Monday, October 14, 2013

Good self-esteem, humility, and laughs

My students provide me with many things: a good self-esteem, a good dose of humility, and always a good laugh.

One morning last week, one of my boys walked into the classroom, looked at me, and said, "Well, you look pretty today!" Awww :)

One day I heard something vibrating. After finding out that it was a student's phone, I very firmly told him it must be turned OFF during school and if it happens again I'll have to take it and turn it into the principal. Not five minutes later we all heard a vibrating sound again. The students all turned their heads and looked accusingly at this boy. The poor boy put his hands in the air and said, "It's not mine! I turned mine off!" This time, however, it was coming from my corner of the room. Should I have turned my phone into the principal?

One boy was writing an answer to a question of what he wants to be someday. He asked me how to spell "catter pratter." I asked him to repeat it several times before I finally understood when he said, "Someone who cracks your back."
"Ohhh, a chiropractor!"

I am so glad to know that my students are dedicated to their school work! One morning one of my girls came to me and told me that she woke up at 11:30 the night before and remembered she hadn't done her homework. So she closed her parents' bedroom door so they wouldn't hear her, sneaked downstairs, and did it! She didn't tell them the next morning either so she wouldn't get in trouble! I suggested if it happens again maybe she could just set her alarm clock a little early. After all, I don't want her getting in trouble with her parents because she did her homework!

Speaking of girls, my class size is slowly but surely growing! We now have 15 students, and much to the girls' delight, two more girls! The boys tried to complain, but they still outnumber the girls 2 to 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment