Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Boxes and beavers

I'm sure every teacher can relate to this scenario:
I just finished going over directions and explaining their language worksheet. "Are there any questions?"
A hand shoots up. "Yes?"
"Are you going to the parade tonight?"
"Are there any questions about the language paper?"

...and this one too.
The directions on the language page said "Write a sentence using the plural form of box." We even discussed it and I wrote the word boxes on the board. But apparently some of them were too busy thinking about the parade and such.
We pay taxes.
Some rivers are large.
Oh dear.

For science, the students were identifying mammals and holding up picture cards as I gave clues. When I said, "This is a gnawing mammal that I had in my house and tried very hard to get rid of," I was suddenly staring at 13 beavers. "No, I did not have a beaver in my house." :)


 

3 comments:

  1. What was the mammal that was gnawing in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These stories really made me laugh! :-) This is such a great idea because we all have quite a collection, I am sure, of our students' best "sayings"/stories. Glad to know there were no beavers in your house!

    ReplyDelete