Sunday, November 17, 2013

Time flies when you're having fun

Wow, I haven't posted in a month! Where is the year going?!

We've been keeping busy as usual in the third grade. The normal battles continue to be fought (especially with the boys).

"Keep your hands to yourself."

"Sit in your chair the correct way, please." (When they tip back on two legs. Or when they kneel on their chairs with their feet in the air. Or when they randomly stand up and turn their chairs around and sit on them backwards in the middle of class.)

"Keep your hands to yourself."

"Keep your hands to yourself. I don't care if it's a game you've invented called 'banana touch.' KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF."

"Please don't spike your sweaty hair. (What would your mom think?)"

"Oh, you brought a mustache to school?" :)

"Wait a few minutes until recess and then you can go to the bathroom."... "You don't have to go anymore? Hmmm..."

And then there are always the amusing comments.

"Please, God, let it snow a lot today."

Looking at a distorted picture of herself in the school newspaper, one very unimpressed girl commented, "They did something to my head to make it big."

And always the entertaining lunch conversation:

"I keep getting wedgies."
"My dad loves wedgies."
"Who likes wedgies?"
"Did you ever have a wedgie war?"
(Finally the teacher had to step in and stop that conversation from going any farther.)

My favorite laugh-out-loud moment happened this week when I was asking the class for suggestions for the prize box. They suggested a few things which made me ask, "Really? Would you actually pick that?" ...like a balloon, or a jolly rancher. I mean, it takes them a month to fill up their sticker charts. Anyway. The laugh-out-loud moment came when one boy, who had just happened to be at the dentist the day before, suggested floss. I expect that my class will soon have very clean teeth, as the floss begins to fly out of the prize box. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment