Thursday, May 9, 2013

Third grade senioritis

Is it possible for third graders to have senioritis? Because I'm convinced mine have it.

Last night I was grading Language papers, and there was one student who did not do so well. When I got to the bottom of his paper, I understood why. He had written, "41 minutes to recess." At least he was putting time-telling skills to use, since obviously he didn't care too much about articles.

Today I made one of my students stay in from recess to get some work done.  When I insisted he finish a Language page, he dramatically proclaimed, "I'd rather you stab me in the back than have to do this worksheet!"

This afternoon instead of fighting, I gave them extra recess. Maybe I'm feeling a little senioritis myself.

15 more days. Although even that's a daily argument about whether we're counting today or not. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! That reminds me of a dramatic comment I heard today: "I'd rather be a serial killer than a math teacher!" Umm... than please don't be either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, Miss Janelle has senioritis too and I'm afraid my students might be heading there as well! With the sort of amusing comments and situations you've been experiencing this year, I hope you don't find your summer too dull. Haha.

    ReplyDelete