Monday, January 13, 2014

Yay, school!

I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't believe we're halfway through the year already! This year is just going so fast! Hopefully for the students, too. I know at least one of them in enjoying the year. One day I let one of my boys know that his mom was coming to pick him early for an appointment, and he was disappointed, "because I want to stay here!" Later, his mom told me he'd been praying that we wouldn't have any delays or snow days because he wanted to come to school! Music to a teacher's ears. :) Last week another boy told me he can't wait for January 15, and he hopes it doesn't snow that day! I couldn't think of anything special going on, so I asked why. "Because we're having pizza for lunch!" Oh yes, good reason.

To celebrate all this wintry weather, we made my favorite kind of snowmen on Friday. The kind that you make from the warm, cozy classroom.





One boy accidentally made his snowman "float" and he didn't know how to fix it. I was just about ready to suggest he make the snow a little higher or make his snowman a little bigger. But someone else suggested he give the snowman legs. That works too. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment