Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ready or not, here they come!

Wow, wasn't it just yesterday I was saying goodbye to my students? Now tomorrow I'll be saying hello to a whole new batch! (Is it okay to group students in "batches"?)

What a refreshing summer it's been, though! I am blessed to be able to say I feel recovered, refreshed, and re-energized! And this year I look forward to having 12 students instead of 25! What a change that will be!

My classroom proves that I've had plenty of time to browse Pinterest this summer. :)
















One quick story (a reminder of how much I'll miss last year's students!):
Those of you who know me well know that it would appear I have a bladder the size of a pea, seeing as I need to "use the facilities" quite frequently. Therefore, I plan my bathroom trips carefully on days at school. A parent of one of my students from last year told me that a couple of weeks ago at dinner one night, he randomly said, "My teacher never had to go to the bathroom last year!" HA! You have to wonder what thought process triggered that thought to pop into his head!

I'm excited for another entertaining year and all that it will hold! (Although I can't promise you the same caliber of stories as last year!)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new year! Loving all of the Pinterest touches in your classroom. Looks like you're more than ready. I can't wait to hear new stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I went to the wrong 3rd grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your owl decorations! I bet you are a super fun teacher to have :)... Go, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete