Friday, May 12, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!

I had my students color a card:


I instructed them to write a note to their moms on the inside of the card, telling why they'd pick their moms. Some of their notes were so sweet.

“I’ll pick you because you’re wise, pretty, and nice.”

“You are smart, funny, and fun.” 

“Because you are the prettiest!”

“I love you so much that my heart is going to break.” 

Some students took the flower analogy a little too literally, maybe.

“I love you, Mom, and there’s no one else I’d want to smell. Well I can’t really smell you but you know.” 

And this:



I am so thankful to my mom, for many reasons. This year I'm particularly thankful for her many hours volunteering in my classroom. She's listened to hundreds of Bible verses, graded thousands of papers (and spelling books!), helped multitudes of students make corrections, and generally just helped me keep my sanity. Thank you, Mom! You are amazing!

If you still need a quick, easy card for your mom, you can grab one here. https://www.etsy.com/listing/528229969/mothers-day-coloring-card-digital?ref=shop_home_active_7

And tell her why you'd pick her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment