Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter blues aren't getting us down!

With all these snow days and delays, it's hard to believe we're getting any work done! But the students have been very good about focusing. :)

Time for you to play the teacher. What is this word, misspelled by many of the third graders?

cyrele
serle
seerol
cerl
ceral

A few days ago, the directions on their Language worksheet said to "Write a sentence telling what you ate for breakfast." Many of them ate what you have probably figured out was supposed to be "cereal." (It is a weird word to spell, isn't it?) One girl's sentence was: "I ate cookie cereal. Boring." Doesn't sound too boring to me! (But then again, my breakfast is usually a granola bar.)

Today I had the students start working on a "Multiplication Tic-Tac-Toe" board, where they have to choose four activities in a row to complete. At the beginning of Math time, one boy exclaimed, "I'm so excited to do this! Finally Math is going to be fun!" Another boy said, "I don't know, it might be more boring than you think." I'm not sure what the final verdict was, but they seemed to be enjoying it. :)

And finally, I just have to show off their cute penguins from Art class.






No comments:

Post a Comment