Sunday, May 20, 2018

Louder and faster

On Thursday one student asked me, "Is it me or is everyone faster and louder today?"
My response was not a star teacher moment. I said, "YOU are faster and louder."
However, he was on to something... it is evident that it is the end of May and all of us are beyond ready for summer and sunshine (especially after the past week of rain).

Another conversation this week:
Me, to multiple students: "Please don't slam your math books closed. Close them nicely."
Student: "But that's my favorite part of math class. Closing my math book."

A comment I overheard from one boy to another boy who was crumpling up his crossword puzzle: "That's right, Billy! When it gets too hard, just quit."

And on Friday I almost had a heart attack when I glanced down the hallway and saw my student hanging off the railing above a flight of stairs on his way to art class. After I immediately demanded he get down and come to me, I asked him "Why wasn't that a good idea?"
"I don't know."
It still sends tingles through my fingers.

The students wrote about what makes the best pet:
"It is very e-z to potty train a cat."
"Instead of a loin, a dog or a cat is better."

We have one more week of school, and I'm sure it will be plenty fast and loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment