Sunday, February 14, 2016

A great Valentine's Day, Amen

On Friday, I gave my students a choice of several Valentine's Day prompts to write about. I'll share with you some excerpts. I promise this is verbatim (with just a few spelling and grammar corrections).

Make a list of ways you can show love for your family members. 
Saying thank you for the meal to your mom, put away your laundry without being asked, wash the table with a table cloth, draw a picture for them that says Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Make a list of people who love you and tell how you know they love you. 
I can tell when they kiss, hug me, tell me that they love me because they care and that they do what is best for me so that is the only, only, only family I will have. 

Describe the best Valentine's Day you've ever had. 
This Valentine’s Day is the best… Things couldn’t be better. And besides, I’m eight now, what could happen?

Tell what this verse means in your own words: "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." -1 Corinthians 13:7
God never fails on us. And his love never leaves us. And he will never leave our side. 

It means love lasts forever and ever. Love from God helps us to know him better. On Valentine’s Day we celebrate love and how powerful it is. So if you love God you will have a great Valentine’s Day, Amen.

And I'm not quite sure which prompt this little guy was answering.
I can be thankful for my food that I have because my mom makes pretty good food! The only thing I don’t like about my mom’s food is that she doesn’t make the stuff I want but what you usually eat, cheese hot dogs. And they are really, really good because they are from John F. Martin. Last night she made tacos which I don’t like. But the one night she made pretty good chicken with beans, noodles, and baked beans and it was pretty good. And then she had really good ham steak with all kinds of stuff. The end. 
And of course I have to share a few pictures of our adorable, overflowing creatures.



No comments:

Post a Comment